Meditation Guide: Blessing Your Senses
Here is a meditation practice that you can do daily to invite abundant blessings, have a body ready to take on the day ahead, and a heart that’s ready to love fully. Relieve stress, worries and issues that your day may bring. Hope this guide will help you feel better and ready to embark on a magnificent day!
Sitting comfortably in a quiet space, light a white candle and focus on that as a symbol of light. Allow your feet to be shoulder-width apart and firmly planted on the earth (floor). Take three deep breaths, as you allow yourself to totally relax. Let go of all worries as you exhale.
1. Breathe deeply, sensing the candle dancing in front of you. Sense or imagine your breath drawing down through your body and into your feet. Inhale and relax until your feet seem warm and/or tingling. Say the words in your head, “May the universe bless my feet so I can walk my own path with confidence.”
2. Deep breaths are symbolic of abundant life. Use all of your senses to notice how your body feels as you now breathe deeper. Allow this energy to gather in your hips. Feel the warmth as you pay attention to this region. Then say the words, “May this energy bless me so that I am grounded in my own life.”
3. Now imagine allowing yourself to breathe in the golden flame of your candle. Sense this golden glow filling your stomach and solar plexus region, energising and oxygenating your blood. Hear yourself say, “Allow this energy to bless and enrich my daily life, so I have the personal power to achieve all I desire.”
4. Breathe extra life and energy into your heart and chest. Every deep breath is symbolic of the new life, new love and new energy. As your heart and chest are energised, say to yourself, “Bless my heart so that I can give and receive love unconditionally.”
5. Now it is time to breathe into your throat. Sense the light of the candle flickering light and healing into all aspects of your throat’s energy saying, “Allow this energy to guide me to speak my own truth, and to bless my words, so they are received with the intent they are spoken.”
6. Now sense the candle glowing strongly and your head filling with pure white light. Focus your attention around your eyes, feeling the energy enlivening your inner sight and say, “Bless my eyes so that I can clearly see all options open to me.”
7. As this life-enhancing energy flows to the rest of your head, allow yourself to relax your mind. Sense the light lifting open your crown and reconnecting you to the divine force in your life. Saying, “Bless my ability to sense a connection to the god-force, and allow it to guide me, to be at one with everything in my life.”
Take a few slower breaths allowing this process time to settle into your energy body. Remember to thank the universal energy for being there for you in your meditation.